Location: Kansas City, MO, temporarily remote
Who We Are Looking For
Leverage Lab is seeking a Data Engineering Intern in our Kansas City, MO office for Summer 2021. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this role will start as remote. If you are located outside the Kansas City area, please indicate that in your response.
Leverage Lab specializes in leveraging first-party data to supercharge marketing performance. Creating truly one-to-one digital relationships requires a cohesive strategy and unified customer data. Leverage Lab’s unique blend of technical and personalized marketing experts clear that hurdle for clients through the use of Customer Data Platform technologies. By bringing customer data together, Leverage Lab accelerates performance with a data-driven marketing strategy – improving outcomes for all our clients.
As a data engineering intern at Leverage Lab, you will assist in maintaining our client’s data integrations and warehouse. With the rapid growth in the last year, you’ll work in a dynamic problem space and solve challenging cloud infrastructure problems. Under the guidance of lead engineers, you will gain hands-on experience in designing a scalable data architecture.
We are looking for someone who is resourceful, analytical, and prepared to adapt strategies based on customer demand and dynamic priorities.
What You’ll Do
- Gain experience in Google Cloud Platform’s diverse service ecosystem
- Learn about cloud security and monitoring
- Work on a high impact internal project
- Assist in architecting modern cloud components
- Expand and adapt infrastructure as code to fit business needs
- Create highly configurable code solutions in Python
- Identify and document process improvement opportunities within the organization
- Present project artifacts to senior leadership and executives
Who You Are
- Tinkerer: Quickly learn new tools by deconstructing how they work. Be able to create and expand capabilities of tools by reconfiguring them to solve specific and novel use cases.
- Automator: Observe and understand repeatable and standardized manual processes in order to automate the processes themselves or the validation thereof.
- Communicator: Employ strong interpersonal communication skills. Foster relationships with the Leverage Lab development team and maintain excellent relationships within the organization as a whole.
What You’ll Need
- Course work in computer science, information technology, or data science
- Experience with reading and writing technical documentation
- Willingness to receive and give technical and professional feedback
- Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly
- A natural curiosity for working in a modern technology stack
For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leverage Lab is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.